One of the worst harassers and abusers of me was former Daily Mail editor, Paul Dacre.
His decision to “lead a campaign of abuse” against me in my teenage years was and is clearly a “dog whistle” for other journalists out there.
Once the Mail was stalking me and damaging me and targeting anyone I knew, then other media organisations could “innocently” follow up and claim “the story was out there” so they “may as well comment”.
That’s the “business model” of the Press – use tabloids first to do the dirty work, then the BBC and the (allegedly) serious newspapers would continue attacking whoever they had targeted and violating their privacy.
Once he established my father was mentally ill and had no boundaries, Paul Dacre decided I was to be “targeted” by the Mail as much as possible.
(I was 12 at the time)
The catalogue of abuse consisted of:
- Sending photographers to access me and just take photographs of me so he could have a “collection” to print whenever he wanted.
- These would be frequently printed just so that “I would have no privacy” and anyone around me would identify me and I could be harassed.
- Sending one of his most spiteful, racist, vicious writers (in true ‘Mail’ form, he sacked her later on when she “got too old” and got cancer) to make up a horrific story attacking my personality and claiming I was “making comments about my tutor behind her back“.
- Paul Dacre made sure he printed photographs of me regularly, and then followed up with readers letters criticising me all during my teenage years.
- After I detached from my abusive parents and the Mail couldn’t just “ask my violent father to get at me”, Dacre was furious.
- I had escaped from his control.
- Paul Dacre was furious. He then sent photographers and a team to stalk me and publish my details at any location he could find.
- Paul Dacre asked them to obtain details of who I was speaking to, who I was working with, anyone I’d had an interaction with and then would print a completely vitriolic article both attacking me and making it clear anyone associated with me or supporting me against the Mail would be targeted and their privacy destroyed.
- When he heard I was being divorced, Paul Dacre asked his journalists to “track me down” and pass the information onto my violent father so he could follow me and attack me.
- Keith Gladdis filming me naked for the News of the World was “rewarded” by Dacre with a Mail editor position.
- Ben Ellery, who targeted me only last year is an experienced former Mail on Sunday journalist who is notorious for “appalling abusive Mail behaviour”
- Ben Ellery has been identified on social media for having “worked on the racist campaign to stop Harry and Meghan getting married by stalking her abusive mentally ill father and setting him up to humiliate and harass Meghan on her wedding day”.
- I have no doubt Ben Ellery and his colleagues had and will have similar intentions to “work behind the scenes” to damage me.
Paul Dacre thought because of my parents behaviour, I would be a “easy target for life“.
As a young female he could exploit misogyny and racism and completely dehumanise me and turn me into a “freak” or a “laughing stock”.
Painful, private, traumatic details could be forcibly extracted and “used as a talking point” online by other journalists and complete strangers gleefully enjoying the chance to bully anyone (even vaguely) associated with Oxford.
Paul Dacre could use the Mail to regularly whip up an unpleasant controlling global mob to “violate my privacy” and get others to stalk me and damage me.
He and his newspaper would have complete control and could stalk and harass me for life.
But I thought “that’s not right” and that made him angry.
One thing I have learned and I am SO glad to know it just wasn’t me, is the Press will “lash out” at anyone who won’t speak to them.
They need “access” to people.
My abusive father was severely mentally ill, not working apart from living off my student scholarships, and gave nasty tabloid journalists complete access to me.
Journalists had clearly identified early on that my parents were not working and had never worked and lived a very strange, isolated, degraded lifestyle.
The journalists had clearly checked with all the neighbours and worked this out and simply “kept the information on file for any journalist to use“.
After I left home, the media would regularly print/hint that I was “coming from a rich home” and just “wanted to rebel against my religious parents and didn’t like science“.
(the media knew full well my parents had never worked, never attended mosque/masjid).
What the media wanted to do was to get others to think I was a “rebellious rich girl” so that I could be “tracked down” and punished as they knew I wouldn’t give them “access” to write abusive bullying articles the way my parents did.
No boundaries were set.
Early on, one reporter would make a nasty spiteful comment to “test the water” to see how far they could go
My ridiculous, mentally deranged parents would not have any sense of dignity or privacy, but still agree to more “access” to humiliate me.
It was “open season” after that for every media organisation including the Times and the Mail – they realised I was a “cash cow” they could control, humiliate and exploit for money for life.
I made the decision to leave my family.
And of course journalists “lost their guaranteed access to me” as a result.
This was the reason for the stalking and the spate of horrific articles on me.
There was clearly no public interest in getting my parents – two clearly very mentally ill people to humiliate themselves regularly for millions of viewers and readers.
The goal was to “punish me” for not talking to the media and setting up a situation where I felt I’d “have to give my side of the story” in the most horrific sensationalist way possible, or they’d continue to violate my privacy by printing nasty articles featuring my mentally ill abusive parents centred on me and “asking that I be returned to them”.
Paul Dacre is a notorious coward, perhaps inherited from his father Peter Dacre.
(Peter Dacre refused to serve in WW2 as he thought he would make slightly more money from stalking and running gossipy stories about women, and then got really angry when he “felt left out and not as good as other men”).
This means he does not want to respond when I have asked him to undo the damage he has done and use his contacts to stop this horrendous campaign of abuse that HE started against me.
I use this post to formally note Paul Dacre has not responded to the letter I sent asking him to stop this harassment via his wife, Kathy (Kathleen Dacre)
I also note that a recent Twitter follower of mine is “Amardeep Bassey” who is a former Mail journalist and may have been “assigned the job” to harass me in the future.